SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program
SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program is an initiative of SBI General Insurance Company Limited to financially support COVID-19 affected students to complete their education. Under this scholarship, the students from Class 9 to 12, and Graduation (General and Professional) courses, who have lost their parent(s) or whose earning family members have lost their employment (or livelihood) during the COVID-19 pandemic will be provided with the financial support of up to INR 38,500 per annum to cover their academic expenses.
SBI General Insurance Company Ltd, a joint-venture general insurance company of State Bank of India (SBI) and other investors, has introduced this scholarship as part of its CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative to support COVID-19 affected students. The company offers a wide range of general insurance products in retail and commercial space at affordable prices to make insurance accessible to all individuals and businesses.
Eligibility Criteria – SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program
To be eligible, an applicant must be –
- Open for Indian nationals only.
- Students who have been through any of the below two crisis situation –
- Lost their parent(s)/earning family member since January 2020, OR
- Earning family member lost their job/employment during COVID-19 pandemic
- Applicants must be studying in Class 9 to 12 and undergraduate (General and Professional) courses.
- Applicants should be currently enrol and continuing their education.
- Annual family income of the applicant should not be more than INR 6,00,000 (6 Lakh) from all sources.
- Children of employees of SBI General and Buddy4Study are not eligible.
The scholars selected for this scholarship will receive the following benefits –
- For Class 9 to 12 students – INR 29,500 per annum
- For Graduation students – INR 38,500 per annum
- The scholarship amount also includes computer/tablet/mobile allowance to every scholar with an upper limit of INR 8,500 per beneficiary.
- The scholarship fund can be utilize only for academic purposes which include tuition fees, hostel fees, internet, books, stationery, online learning, etc.
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhaar card
- Family income proof (Salary Slip, Form 16, Income Certificate, ITR, etc.)
- Marksheet of previous educational qualification
- Current academic year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Proof of crisis (death certificate of patent(s) or proof of job loss)
- Reference from a person who knows the family’s crisis (Can be a school teacher, doctor, head of school, college, or a government officer, etc.)
- Bank account details of the scholarship applicant or parents (cancelled cheque/passbook copy)
How can you apply?
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land onto the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered on Buddy4Study – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirect to the ‘SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
Apply Now (Click Here)
The Last Date for the Application is: 31 October 2021
Frequently Asked Question
What is the selection process for this scholarship program?
The selection of scholars for the SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program will be made on the basis of their academic merit and socio-economic background. It involves a multi-stage process as detailed below –
– Initial shortlisting of applicants based on their academic merit and financial background
– Telephonic interview of shortlisted candidates followed by document verification for final selection
If selected for this program, how will I receive the scholarship fund?
The scholarship will be transferred on an annual basis to scholars/institutes. The scholars will also need to meet renewal scholarship eligibility criteria and upload the following documents in the online scholar tracking system.
– Fee receipts of the new year that they have progressed in next academic year
– Academic grade report that they have passed the last exam and have good academic standing
Will the scholarship support be given for subsequent years of studies?
Yes. Based on the following criteria, scholars may be considered for their scholarship renewal in successive years –
– No dropout (from regular academic sessions)
– No disciplinary issues
– Satisfactory academic performance
– Students need to submit receipts of education-related expenses incurred during the past academic year (tuition fees, hostel and mess fees, books, etc.)
– The final decision will lie with the scholarship provider and fund availability
Recent Job Posts
- Engineering Jobs (BE/Btech/ME/Mtech)
- Motherson (MSSL) Off Campus Drive 2021
- Experienced Jobs (Jobs for experienced professionals)
- Nielsen Off Campus Drive 2021 | Trainee Analyst
- Management Jobs (MBA/BBA etc. jobs)
- Jobs for BA/MA and other graduates
- Prepare for CAT Exam 2021
- Anagha Engineers Digital_Marketing internship
- Mechanical Engineering Internship 2021
- HackerRank Off Campus Drive 2021
- Stellar Infosys Web_Development Internship
[ Important ]
- All Company names, logos, and brands are the Intellectual Property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used on this website are for identification purposes only.
- We are not associated with any company/agency/agent whose jobs are posted on mechomotive.com, We are just an information provider for job openings. Read our Disclaimer Policy and Term of Service for more information
For more job offers, CLICK HERE