Internship Drive 2020
Dow is hiring for Manufacturing & Engineering Intern. For more such off campus drives, internships and free courses be active on our website
|Job Title||Dow Hiring Manufacturing & Engineering Intern|
|Description||Dow is offering great career opportunities in a global and international environment. The department that will welcome you is Central Engineering Piping Department|
|Work Location||Chennai – INDIA|
|Employment Type||FULL TIME|
We are looking for an ambitious Bachelor’s or Master’s student (m/f), to support ourCentral Engineering Piping Department by doing an internship project in “Flow-Induced Vibration Analysis of Supported Pipes Conveying Pulsating Fluid”for our location in Chennai, India.
Dow is offering great career opportunities in a global and international environment.
The department that will welcome you is Central Engineering Piping Department
Piping department plays a vital role in the design and engineering of complex piping systems in Dow’s process facilities. The piping systems connect all the equipment in a process plant, conveying various fluids at varying pressures and temperatures. The piping department is accountable in the mechanical design of these systems applying various international industry codes and practices, adhering to requirements of safety, quality, operability, maintenance, constructability and project economics.
Various types of supports are used to hold piping systems in place in a process plant. These supports are subjected to loads arising from piping systems due to operating weights, expansions and other secondary loads. Flow-Induced Vibration or FIV is a large-amplitude, low frequency ( <100 Hz) vibration that
- can occur in piping systems carrying high-velocity turbulent fluids. This project
- Work with piping designers to learn the basics of pipe routing and supports.report this ad
- Work with pipe stress engineer to learn the basics of pipe stress analysis.
- Model and analyse a piping system using Caesar.
- Review the detailed steps mentioned in Energy Institute guidelines for the avoidance of vibration induced fatigue failure in process pipework.
- Prepare a detailed project report
- Candidate should be currently studying for a Bachelor or Master degree or in Mechanical Engineering.
- He/She have a good working knowledge of English
- You have good analytical skills and a passion for problem solving
Candidate can start during the summer of 2021 for a period of 3 months (exact timing and duration can be discussed based on your academic schedule).
Dow’s internships offer you the opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience on industry tools and practices
- Explore Career Opportunities – by working in the field you have chosen, you will receive an inside look at your potential career path
- Network – meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
After we have received your application, please take into account that it will take a few weeks to go through every letter and CV received. If we want to learn more about your background and skills, we will be in touch with
Have we sparked your interest? Let’s continue the conversation! Apply and we’ll be in touch with you.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow operates 109 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 36,500 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $43 billion in 2019. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
Join Our Groups For Latest Updates