Electrical Engineer at Google: Google is hiring Electrical Engineer, for more jobs, Internships and courses stay updated on our website.
|Electrical Engineer, Data Centers at Google
|Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
|Gurugram – India
About the job
Our thirst for technology is a part of everything we do. The Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future. Our lab mirrors a research and development department — cutting-edge strategies are born, tested and tested again. Along with a team of great minds, you take on complex topics like how we use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You’re a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements — even small changes that can make a huge impact. You generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians.
With your technical expertise, you ensure compliance with codes and standards, develop infrastructure improvements and serve as an expert in your specialty (e.g., cooling, electrical).
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be involved in the development of electrical infrastructure products, from concept design to green field construction, along with major modification of existing infrastructures. You will provide and prepare all types of documents including statement of work, total cost of ownership (TCO) analysis, concept designs, drawing markup, budget, schedule, factory test and acceptance documents, final startup/commissioning reports and review and acceptance of as-builts and submittals.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
Minimum qualifications required for Electrical Engineer at Google
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in bidding, designing, operating, and commissioning of electrical distribution systems, from high voltage (HV) transformer to branch circuits.
- Experience with mission critical facilities.
- Experience with power system analysis and engineering software packages.
- Knowledge of software packages for design and analysis of electrical power systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical and control systems.
- Knowledge of large-scale data centers’ electrical infrastructure systems.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 20% of time.
Responsibilities of Electrical Engineer at Google
- Collaborate with core team to develop data center electrical designs, from basis of design to issue for constructions for project build-outs and major infrastructure upgrades.
- Create and design electrical infrastructure systems ranging from High Voltage Utility interconnect and Sub Stations, Medium Voltage (MV) switching and generation technologies and Low Voltage (LV) distribution systems.
- Manage all power system issues during concept design, detailed design, procurement, bidding, manufacturing, delivery, and installation on site.
- Generate scope of work for the equipment portions for major infrastructure upgrades based on project needs, and work with internal teams to update and document the configuration as it evolves. Update and maintain internal design specifications, drawings and standards to the latest configurations