Junior Mechanical Designer Off-campus Drives
Hatch is looking for the position of Junior Mechanical Designer. For more such off-campus drives, internships, and international jobs are updated on our website.
|Job Title||Junior Mechanical Designer Job Oppurtines 2021|
|Description||Hatch is currently seeking a Junior Mechanical Designer for our team located in the Trail office in British Columbia. As a Junior Mechanical Designer, you will be responsible for the production of mechanical layouts, models, and drawings in accordance with project requirements under the supervision of the Lead Mechanical Designer.|
|Work Location|| – |
|Employment Type||FULL TIME|
About the job Junior Mechanical Designer:
Requisition ID: 46725
Job Category: Administration/Support
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
- Understand the owner/user requirements and the project mission.
- Assist in interpreting the plant PFDs, P&IDs, and plant battery limits and constraints.
- Prepare and manage contract drawings, record keeping and other statistical work.
- Prepare 3D equipment modeling and 3D design.
- Perform conceptual layout work.
- Check drawings prior to release.
- Develop design details.
- Perform the design and drafting of mechanical plant models using applicable standards, project technical specifications and enterprise or project procedures.
- Execute designs following the mechanical and layout design criteria developed specifically for the project as well as the defined regulations, codes, and standards.
- Apply the design criteria throughout the evolution of the design.
- Use vendor data, drawings and information to develop and verify the model.
- Create and maintain check sheets for all equipment as vendor data is received. Back model all changes as required.
- Ensure coordination with designers and engineers of other disciplines.
- Perform clash detection of models with other discipline models.
- Provide material quantity take offs for estimating purposes or inclusion into bulk commodity purchases and installation contracts.
- Generate 2D drawings from the 3D model as required by the project.
- In conjunction with engineering staff, prepare design concepts for both internal and client review.
- In conjunction with engineering staff, produce detailed engineering drawings and documentation for identified and approved concepts/projects.
- Participation in formal engineering review processes.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Technology Diploma or equivalent (mechanical preferred)
- Ability to design in a 3D model environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to complete agreed upon tasks on schedule.
- Willingness to learn
- Good safety awareness
- Able to function in a structured corporate environment
- Proficient in the use of MicroStation
- Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects.
- Detailed design and modeling skills for the plant layout of mechanical equipment
- Knowledge of industry or regulatory standards, regulations and codes pertinent to the design and systems related to the project
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
About the company:
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals works on the world’s toughest challenges. Our corporate roots extend back more than a hundred years, and our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.