Material Handler (All Shifts) Off-Campus Drives 2021
Magna International is looking for the position of Material Handler. For such Off-Campus drives, internships, and international jobs stay updated on our website.
About the job:
Key Responsibilities For Material Handler:
- Maintain up-to-date on forklift safety procedures and forklift license.
- Uphold regular communication with department Team Leaders to receive prioritization of tasks, assignments; receive updates on shortage of parts and other issues.
- Coordinate tasks with Shipper/ Receiver.
- Transport material by means of a forklift truck or manual device.
- Safe operation, maintenance and certification for forklift equipment.
- Ensure bins are in safe condition prior to use.
- Maintain clear aisles on the production floor in a safe and timely manner.
- Deliver stock to production lines in accordance with First In-First Off (FIFO) principles.
- Organize and control material flow on all production and rework/ repair areas as required.
- Organize and maintain stock bins for the efficient flow of material.
- Assist in line change over’s and delivery of required materials.
- Check and complete daily maintenance reports (Forklift Pre-Inspection Form) of forklift brakes, tires, seat etc. and submit to Team Leaders.
- Ensure purchase parts on shelves are kept in order according to shelf/racking layout.
- Place all containers in designated areas.
- Ensure bins have proper quantities and part numbers.
- Ensure that proper stock (parts and equipment) is accessible and rotated in accordance with FIFO for all assembly lines.
- Act as backup to shipper/ receiver with incoming and outgoing material.
- Assist with monthly inventory or as per inventory schedule.
Roles For Material Handler:
- Remove scrap and empty bins as required.
- Participate in FLOP or SEWO investigations when applicable
- Communicate, or Lockout if any equipment malfunctions or racking compliance is applicable
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Follow JES in all applicable areas Communicate effectively with coworkers; maintain and assist with a positive attitude.
- Assist in 5S and overall plant cleanliness.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor or delegate.
- Responsible to protect own health and safety by working in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures
- Must adhere to all MAFACT requirements
- Must adhere to all IATF 16949 policies and procedures
- Comply must with all ISO 14001 (Environmental) and OHSAS 18001 (Health and Safety) systems and standards as it pertains to their work
- Abide by all AODA and C-TPAT procedures that apply to their position
Works effectively with forklift equipment to ensure stock and other equipment are available to meet Production schedules. The duties of this position ensure the effective running of the Production Department and the smooth and efficient flow of stock.
What We Offer:
This position is for the Day Shift, Afternoon Shift, and Midnight Shift.
Pay range for Fully Licensed Material Handlers: $23.28 – $25.15 per hour. Afternoon Shift and Midnight Shift premiums are also provided.
Cam-Slide also offers a comprehensive benefits package to all eligible full-time employees.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- Must have a valid Forklift License with excellent safety record and operating knowledge of forklifts.
- Mechanical Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under multiple demands.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in accordance with safety guidelines/standards
- Position requires diligence and flexibility.
Magna is an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality complete seating systems. Our solution includes seating structures, mechanisms, and hardware, as well as foam and trim products for global automotive, heavy truck, and bus industries. Our capabilities include market and consumer research; full concept development; design and engineering capabilities; testing, validation, and world-class manufacturing. Our award-winning seating solutions are developed from consumer research, finding the ease of operation to be comfortable, convenient, and connected.
APPLY NOW: CLICK HERE (JOB LINKS)
Recent Job Posts
- Engineering Jobs (BE/Btech/ME/Mtech)
- Motherson (MSSL) Off Campus Drive 2021
- Experienced Jobs (Jobs for experienced professionals)
- Nielsen Off Campus Drive 2021 | Trainee Analyst
- Management Jobs (MBA/BBA etc. jobs)
- Jobs for BA/MA and other graduates
- Prepare for CAT Exam 2021
- Anagha Engineers Digital_Marketing internship
- Mechanical Engineering Internship 2021
- HackerRank Off Campus Drive 2021
- Stellar Infosys Web_Development Internship
[ Important ]
- All Company names, logos, and brands are the Intellectual Property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used on this website are for identification purposes only.
- We are not associated with any company/agency/agent whose jobs are posted on mechomotive.com, We are just an information provider for job openings. Read our Disclaimer Policy and Term of Service for more information
For more job offers, CLICK HERE