Scholarships for College Students
College students can apply for the scholarships in their freshman, sophomore, junior, senior and graduate years of college. For more information about scholarships be updated on our website.
Scholarships in India – Do you know that thousands of crores worth scholarships in India are available for both meritorious and needful students ? Probably not. With the rapid increase in cost of education, a number of capable students are unable to fulfill their hope of higher studies. According to a report by Institute for Policy Research Studies , New Delhi, 77% of students are enrolled in class 10th while 52% of students are enrolled in class 11th. This clearly represents the drop-out of students from class 10th to 11th and makes the need for scholarships in India critical and compelling for them.
To deal with this drop-out condition, the government and various other public as well as private organizations, have come up with suitable aids to meet their financial needs. You are open to a broad variety of scholarships for continuing your education such as merit-based, means-based, talent-based sports-based etc. Before anything you should be aware of some common myths about scholarships in India.
Myths about scholarships in india
- Only students of economically backward classes or disadvantaged sections of the society are eligible for the scholarship.
- Only meritorious students are eligible for the scholarship.
- The amount of scholarship that a student receives is not worth your effort that you have given to get the scholarship.
- Applying for a scholarship is a exhausting task and involves you to follow too many guidelines.
- You cannot apply for more than one scholarship.
- The monarchy of scholarships in India is very broad which are applicable for students of all class, caste, creed, category and gender.
- Primary aim of scholarship is to support education. Thus, various scholarships are available to meet the custom-needs of students namely, merit-based, means-based, talent-based, sports-based, etc.
- When it comes to education, every small or big effort counts that you make to get easy access to education.
- With the arrival of technology, application process has become more convenient and easier.
- You can apply for as many scholarships as you want to but can avail only one. This condition of availing a scholarship may vary for different providers.
You can click here(National scholarship portal) to check for scholarships.