Central Sector Scholarship Scheme (CSSS)
About Central sector scholarship scheme
Central sector scholarship offers financial aid to students from lower-income families who aspire to pursue higher education. Under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), the Department of Higher Education provides the Central Sector Scholarship (CSSS) for Indian students. The central sector scholarship last date to apply for the top-class education for SC students and other popular schemes is November 30th, 2021. The other central sector scholarship for college and university students 2021 are currently closed.
The CSSS is a merit-cum-means scholarship funded by the central government. The eligible students pursuing graduate and postgraduate courses in an institution recognized by the AICTE, Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI) and other regulatory authorities can apply to the central sector scholarship schemes.
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- The MHRD divides the total number of central sponsored scholarship schemes based on the state’s population among the state education boards between the age of 18 years to 25 years. The central scholarship eligibility criteria are as follows: The candidates should be Indian citizens.
- They should’ve secured a position in the top 20 percentile merit list in their class XII exams.
- Note: This includes students from the SEB, CBSE and ICSE boards.
- They should have also obtained a minimum score of 80 per cent in their 10+2 or class XII board exams.
- The candidates should be pursuing a graduate or postgraduate degree recognized by AICTE, Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI) or other regulatory authorities.
- The family income should not exceed INR 8,00,000 per annum.
- Candidates studying through correspondence or distance education are not eligible to apply for the centrally sponsored scholarship schemes.
- Candidates who are pursuing diploma courses are not eligible to apply for the centrally sponsored scholarship schemes.
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme Rewards
The candidates should not be availing benefits from any other scholarship at the time of application. MHRD provides central scholarship schemes to over 82,000 students every year. The authorities will directly credit the scholarship amount to the beneficiary’s bank account through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system. The benefits of the CSS scholarship schemes are as follows:
- Selected students pursuing a graduate degree will receive INR 10,000 for the first three years.
- Students pursuing postgraduate degrees will receive INR 20,000 per annum.
- The chosen candidates studying integrated or professional courses with five years duration will receive INR 20,000 in their fourth and fifth year.
- The candidates who are pursuing bachelor’s in engineering and technology degrees will receive an allowance.
The candidates should keep the documents handy while applying for the central scholarship schemes. The records should contain factual and authenticated information. If the institute or the state education board cannot verify the applications, the authorities will consider them invalid. The key documents to upload while applying for the central scholarship scheme 2021 are as follows:
- Aadhaar card
- Mark sheets
Note: If the candidate has applied for the aadhaar but has not received the number, then they can provide the aadhaar enrolment ID, voter’s ID card, driving license, PAN, passport or any other ID proof.
- Bank passbook with the applicant’s name, bank’s name, bank branch and IFSC code
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate (if required)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
Central Scholarship Eligibility for Renewal
Scholars can renew their central scholarship schemes every year. They can avail the benefits of CSS scholarship schemes for up to five years. This duration includes the time taken to complete the graduation and postgraduation degrees. However, the candidates cannot change their streams from graduation to postgraduation. The scholars can continue the central sector scholarship 2021 schemes through the NSP portal after meeting the following central scholarship eligibility for renewal:
The MHRD primarily selects candidates based on their academic performance and financial need. The selection criteria of the central scheme are as follows:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWDS)||5|
Points to Remember
The candidates who are applying or renewing the central sector scholarship 2021 schemes should keep the following points in mind:
- The interested candidates can apply to the scholarship for college and university students 2021 through the official national scholarship portal.
- The authorities will not accept the physical submission of the application forms.
- The authorities will consider the application form invalid if the candidate’s educational institutions and state education board fail to verify it.
- The scholarship for college and university students should mandatorily have an aadhaar card while applying for the CSS scholarship.
- The providers will directly debit the scholarship amount to the candidate’s bank account through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system.
- The applicants can track their payment status by using the know your payment feature on the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) portal. To know how to follow the payment status, the candidates can click on PFMS login.
- The authorities will not accept the scheme renewal forms directly sent to them.
In case of any queries regarding the scheme 2021, the candidates can refer to the contact details given in the table:
|Phone Number||011-26172491, 011-26165238, 011-26172917|
|Address||National Scholarship Division, Ministry of Human Resource Development,Department of Higher Education, West Block 1, 2nd Floor, Wing 6,Room No. 6, K. Puram, Sector 1, New Delhi-110066|
|Conducted By||Department of Higher Education under the MHRD, Government of India|
|Eligibility||Students should have cleared the class XII board exams with at least 80% marks|
|Rewards||Up to INR 20,000|
|Last Date of Application||November 30, 2021|
For more information visit:https://mechomotive.com/