Off Campus Drive 2021
Grinntech is hiring for the position of Mechanical Design Engineer. For more such off campus drives, internships and free courses with certiifcations be updated on our website.
|Job Title||Grinntech Is Hiring Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Description||A Bachelor or master’s degree in Mechanical or similar stream.|
|Work Location||Chennai – India|
|Employment Type||FULL TIME|
Requirements from you
- 0 to 4 years of experience in mechanical and/or thermal design profile.
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in Mechanical or similar stream.
- A very good grasp of material properties and different manufacturing processes.
- A very good grasp of different modes of heat transfer and thermal properties of material.
- At Grinntech we believe in taking responsibility, a demonstration of achieving something with taking full responsibility of same will be a big plus.
- You are not expected to be an expert on Li-ion batteries, we will bring you up to speed on that, but you should have a zeal to learn and a way to prove that.
- Functional safety knowledge and experience will be a plus.
- Experience of working with refrigeration system for cooling will be a plus.
- Engineering is an application of science. A mechanical design engineer while applying mechanical concepts, frequently needs to optimize things from electrical point of view like current path and bus bar design etc. Candidates with interest in science will find working at Grinntech really exciting and rewarding.
What you will do:
- Making design (in Solidworks) for battery pack and associated products. Optimizing on structural strength, battery size, thermal performance etc.
- Structural analysis in Ansys for strength (vibration, shock, drop, finding natural frequency etc.) and thermal simulation (Active and passive cooling).
- Collaborative work with embedded hardware team for optimization of battery size.
- Algorithm development related to battery cooling.
- Bill of Material (BOM) generation and maintaining in ERP. Optimizing between different projects BOM.
- Collaborative work with testing team during internal testing and external certification.
- Collaborative work with production team during start of production and volume production.
- Keep track of latest worldwide development in EV and battery domain and ensure Grinntech is leading on this front.
- Guide new engineers to learn from you and from Grinntech. Some level of team management.
What you will get
- At Grinntech, you will not only have a job, but you will make a career. Every employee of Grinntech has a clear career path and quarterly appraisal for course correction if needed.
- Our success is not only due to the quality of our work, it is down to the core values that we live by as a company.
- Be an owner
- A will to win
- Learn and be curious
- Agree to disagree
Apply Now: Click Here (Campus Drive Link)