• Elite national laboratory under CSIR
• A centre of excellence for structural engineering
• Opportunity to interact with the scientists
• Access to state-of-the-art facilities
• A certificate on successful completion
• Third year B.E./B.Tech. (third/fourth year in the
case of dual degree) civil and mechanical
engineering students from IITs/NITs/BITS and
toppers from government colleges having CGPA
of 8.0 or 75 % marks and above
|Job Title||Summer Internship at CSIR SERC 2021|
|Description||Period: May – June 2021, Duration: 6-8 ,weeksNo. of internships to be awarded: 10|
|Estimated salary||Per month – 5000 (INR)|
|Work Location||Chennai – India|
RULES, REGULATIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS TO UNDER-GRADUATE
STUDENTS FOR CARRYING OUT Prof. G. S. RAMASWAMY SUMMER
INTERNSHIP AT CSIR-SERC
- The selection of students made by CSIR‐SERC for internship is provisional, subject
to fulfilling the requirements and governed by the rules and regulations of CSIR‐
SERC, and can avail themselves of the internship for the period as specified in our
- The internship duration is limited to minimum of six weeks and maximum
of two months without break from the date of joining.
- The students should record all the details of experimental works / tasks in a well
maintained Register with regular scrutiny by the CSIR-SERC guide.
- During the internship period, students are required to be at CSIR‐SERC premises
on all working days from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm. The parent institution must provide
prior information to CSIR‐SERC if the student needs to attend his / her college for
any programmes / functions / allied curricular / co‐curricular activities falling within
the internship period allotted by CSIR‐SERC to the student. (This pre‐empts
unauthorized absence of the student from either place.)
- Students can avail leave of absence, however, under genuine circumstances with
prior permission from the CSIR-SERC guide with due endorsement from the Head
of concerned Department / Section / Team of CSIR‐SERC. The related intimation
should be sent by student to concerned authority at their College/University.
- A consolidate stipend of Rs. 15000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand only) per
month on pro-rata basis during the internship period will be provided by
CSIR-SERC. Limited accommodation is available within the CSIR campus
and would be allotted on first-come, first-serve basis but the charges as
applicable should be borne separately by the students.
- Within the CSIR‐SERC premises and during working hours, the students should
display CSIR‐ SERC identity badge and also carry the college identity card.
- Library facility at CSIR‐SERC is limited to referencing only. Borrowing of books and
journals are not extended to the students. However, photocopies of research
literature from journals may be obtained from the Library on payment of necessary
charges. No photocopy of books is permitted.
- If any loss or damage is done by the students to the CSIR‐SERC property, the
student / college should undertake to shoulder the entire responsibility of paying
for the costs of damage.
- Experimental work is to be carried out only during working hours. In the event of
experimental work undertaken after working hours, the students should necessarily
be supervised by their CSIR-SERC guide / any other authorized regular staff of
CSIR‐SERC. Students are required to exercise utmost care and alertness while conducting lab experiments with the equipment / infrastructure / machines etc.
- CSIR‐SERC is not to be held responsible for any injury / loss / damage that may
- occur to the students due to their carelessness or other-wise, during the tenure of their internship.
- Without proper advance intimation from the student, routed through the College /
University authority, no student will be permitted to quit from the internship at
CSIR‐SERC. Violations in this regard will be considered as a serious matter of
indiscipline and may lead to black‐listing of their College / Institution for future
allotment of internship to their respective students.
- Similarly, if the progress is not satisfactory, the concerned students may be advised
by CSIR‐SERC to discontinue the internship.
- The internship report should be prepared and submitted within the specified period.
The acknowledgements recorded in the report must be factual.
- The internship report should categorically reflect that, the work / task was carried
out at CSIR‐SERC and prominently acknowledge the name of the CSIR‐SERC
Scientist who has guided.
- CSIR‐SERC / CSIR retains all Intellectual Property Rights that may be generated
during the course of internship. However, depending upon the quantum and
quality of contributions to the outcome from the internship, the student may be
given due credit in publications etc. In the event of any dispute rising, the decision
of Director, CSIR‐SERC is final and is binding on the student(s) and
- Any unauthorized presentation / publication of results of the work
carried out as part of internship (during and after), with / without the
CSIR-SERC guide’s name as co‐author, independently by the student,
without any explicit permission / approval from Director, CSIR‐SERC will
not be acceptable under any circumstances. Violations in this regard will
be considered as a serious matter of indiscipline and may lead to black‐
listing of the College / Institution for future allotment of student
- No faculty of the student’s college has any right to publish any paper for
conferences / journals / workshops / seminars, based on the work
carried out in CSIR-SERC. There have been some instances of misuse of
the contents of work carried out in CSIR-SERC to get undue technical
advantage of authorship, without any legal / ethical / moral entitlements
of their own scientific / technical contributions for the project. This is
strictly un-acceptable to CSIR-SERC. Any violations in this regard will
enable CSIR-SERC to black list their respective Institutions / Colleges.
For getting the Internship Completion Certificate, the students should surrender
their ID cards issued by CSIR‐SERC to the issuing authority / Head, Skill & Human
Resource Development (SHRD) Division, CSIR‐SERC.
- Students are expected to be courteous and disciplined and adhere to the Rules and
Regulations of CSIR-SERC. Any failure will lead to immediate termination of the
project with intimation to Parents/Institute.
Submission of Applications:
• Online through https://serc.res.in by 15 March 2021
Stipend: ₹- 5000 per month (Limited accommodation available in the campus on first come, first serve basis.)