What iot really is?
TECHNICAL INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT) : The Internet of Things is the concept of connecting any device.(so long as it has an on/off switch) to the Internet and to other connected devices. The IoT is a giant network of connected things and people. All of which collect and share data about the way they use and about the environment around them.
The Internet of Things, commonly abbreviated as IoT. Refers to the connection of devices (other than typical fare such as computers and smartphones) to the Internet. Cars, kitchen appliances, and even heart monitors can all be connected through the IoT. And as the Internet of Things grows in the next few years, more devices will join that list.
Intelligent interactivity between humans and things to exchange information and knowledge for new value creation.
Major components of internet of things : TECHNICAL INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT)
We all have heard about Internet of Things. IoT is a transformation process of connecting our smart devices and objects to network to perform efficiently and access remotely.
SMART DEVICES AND SENSORS
Devices and sensors are the components of the connectivity layer. These sensors are continuously collecting data from the environment and transmit information to the next
Latest techniques in the semiconductor technology is capable of producing micro smart sensors for various applications.
• IoT Gateway manages the bidirectional data traffic between different networks and protocols. Another function of gateway is to translate different network protocols and make sure interoperability of the connected devices and sensors.
• Gateways can configured to perform pre-processing of the collected data from thousands of sensors. Locally before transmitting it to the next stage. In some scenarios, it would be necessary due to compatibility of TCP/IP protocol.
• Internet of things creates massive data from devices. Applications and users which has to be managed in an efficient way.
• IoT cloud offers tools to collect, process, manage and store huge amount of data in real time. Industries and services can easily access these data remotely and make critical decisions when necessary.
• Basically, IoT cloud is a sophisticated high performance network of servers. Optimized to perform high speed data processing of billions of devices, traffic management and deliver accurate analytics.
• Analytics is the process of converting analog data from billions of smart devices. Sensors into useful insights which can interpreted and used for detailed analysis.
• Smart analytics solutions are inevitable for IoT system for management and improvement of the entire system.
• Information is very significant in any business model and predictive analysis ensures success in concerned area of business line.
• User interfaces are the visible, tangible part of the IoT system which can be accessible by users
• Designers will have to make sure a well designed user interface. For minimum effort for users and encourage more interactions.
• User interface design has higher significance in today’s competitive market. It often determines the user whether to choose a particular device or appliance.
• Users will interested to buy new devices or smart gadgets. If it is very user friendly and compatible with common wireless standards.
Things get interesting when these connected devices and services starts interacting within their own verticals and across industries.
Logging Your Mind : TECHNICAL INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT)
In the future, Gurrin (Dublin City University in Ireland) envisages that wearable headsets incorporating brainwave sensors will do memory ranking. “A spike due to excitement in a certain part of the brain. Could then logged alongside the video to infer its importance level,” he says
How to automatically annotate files with descriptive, searchable tags and to easily browse them.
Thought Controlled Computing : TECHNICAL INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT)
The flagship product, MindWave, is a headset that can log into your computer using just your thoughts. Researchers recently used the EEG headset to develop a toy car that can be driven forward with thought.
NeuroSky’s smart sensors can also track your heart rate. Other bodily metrics and can embedded in the next generation of wearable devices.
“We make it possible for millions of consumers to capture. Quantify critical health and wellness data,” Yang (CEO of Softbank) said. Softbank is the funder.
CLICK HERE To Visit Our Website