Ian Parry was a photojournalist who died while on assignment for The Sunday Times during the Romanian revolution in 1989. He was just 24 years of age. Aidan Sullivan, then picture editor, and Ian’s friends and family created the Ian Parry Scholarship in order to build something positive from such a tragic death. Each year we hold an international photographic competition for young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24.
The Ian Parry Scholarship is divided into two categories: The Sunday Times Award for Achievement and The Canon Award for Potential.
The entry criteria for both is the same and the judges will make their decisions based on the individual merits of the entries. Entrants must submit a portfolio and a clear proposal of a project they would undertake if they won the scholarship.
To enter this year’s Ian Parry Scholarship, you will need to be 24 or younger or enrolled on a full-time recognized photographic course. Your application should contain the following information:
1) Your name, date of birth, permanent address, personal email address, personal telephone number, and if applicable, college, the course title, and course tutor.
2) A project description giving us details of the portfolio you have uploaded for this application and 12 extended captions
3) A project proposal telling us how winning the Ian Parry Scholarship and $3500, would enable you to continue with the above project or how it would enable you to start a new photographic project.
4) A portfolio of 12 (low resolution) photographs, either a photo essay or individual photos.
5) Extended captions for each image as a word document. Please follow the instructions on our submit form carefully.
There is no entry fee.
* Each winner will receive $3,500 towards their chosen project.
* Canon Europe continues to support the Scholarship and loans equipment to the winners.
* Attend a portfolio review day with leading industry experts in London (covid permitting).
* Mentorship Programme, we offer a year-long personal Mentorship to the winner of The Canon Award for Potential.
* Both winners will have the opportunity to take part in the Transmissions Programme at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpignan.
* World Press Photo, automatically accepts the winner of the Achievement Award into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam.
* Your work will appear in The Sunday Times Magazine, our media sponsor.
Apply Now: Click Here
Recent Job Posts
- Engineering Jobs (BE/Btech/ME/Mtech)
- Motherson (MSSL) Off Campus Drive 2021
- Experienced Jobs (Jobs for experienced professionals)
- Nielsen Off Campus Drive 2021 | Trainee Analyst
- Management Jobs (MBA/BBA etc jobs)
- Jobs for BA/MA and other graduates
- Prepare for CAT Exam 2021
- Anagha Engineers Digital_Marketing internship
- Mechanical Engineering Internship 2021
- HackerRank Off Campus Drive 2021
- Stellar Infosys Web_Development Internship
[ Important ]
- All Company names, logos, and brands are the Intellectual Property of their respective owners. All company, product, and service names used on this website are for identification purposes only.
- We are not associated with any company/agency/agent whose jobs are posted on mechomotive.com, We are just an information provider for job openings. Read our Disclaimer Policy and Term of Service for more information
For more job offers, CLICK HERE
- AAI Invited Applications From Freshers
- BEL Recruitment 2022
- Bharat Dynamics (BDL) Recruitment 2022
- HCL Off Campus Drive 2022
- BEML Recruitment 2022