- Natural language processing (NLP) is the intersection of computer science, artificial intelligence, linguistics and machine learning. NLP primarily manages communication between computers and humans in natural language which humans can understand. Hence, it is all about making computers understand and generate human language. Hence, Chatbot personal assistant using natural language processing (NLP) is an important thing to discuss about.
- NLP is used to analyze text , allowing machines to understand how humans speak. hence, this interaction between human and a computer enables real-world applications like automatic text summarization, sentiment analysis, topic extraction, etc.
- It is also used in fields like named entity recognition, parts-of-speech , tagging relationship extraction, and more.
- It is used for text mining, machine translation, and automated question answering.
- Perform large-scale analysis
Hence, it processes huge amounts of data in just seconds or minutes, that would take a number of weeks through manual analysis.
- Get a more objective and accurate analysis
Hence, when performing repetitive tasks, like reading and analyzing open-ended survey responses and other text data, humans are prone to mistakes or may have inherent biases that can skew the results.
- Streamline processes and reduce costs
Hence, we would need at least a couple of employees working full-time to accomplish manual data analysis but with NLP SaaS tools, you can keep staff to a minimum.
- Get real, actionable insights
- The main aim of NLP is to help computers understand language as well as we do.
- It is in use to build systems that can make sense of text and automatically perform tasks like translation, spell check, or topic classification.
WORKING PRINCIPLE AND METHODOLOGY
The 5 phases of NLP are-
- lexical (structure) analysis,
- semantic analysis,
- discourse integration, and
- pragmatic analysis.
- NLTK — The most widely-mentioned NLP library.
- Hence, NLP is a field in machine learning with the ability of a computer to understand, analyze, manipulate, and potentially generate human language.