DATABASE SYSTEMS:CONCEPT AND ARCHITECTURE is the most important thing in software development. A database management system is important because it manages data efficiently and allow user to perform multiple task with ease. A database management system stores, organizes and manages a large amount of info within a single software application.
FILE SYSTEM VS DATABASE SYSTEMS:CONCEPT AND ARCHITECTURE:
there are several advantages of DBMS over file system:
- NO REDUNDANT DATA: no data duplication saves storage and improve access time in DBMS.
- DATA INCONSISTENCY AND INTEGRITY: the root cause of data inconsistency is data redundancy . Data normalization take care of the data redundancy .Data inconsistency also taken care as part of it.
- SECURITY: it is easier to apply access constraints in database system . So that only authorized user is able to access the data. Each user has a different set of access . Thus data is secured from the issues such as identity theft, data misuse and data leaks.
- System crashing : in some cases ,systems might have crashes due to various reasons. It is a bane in case of file systems . Once the system crashes, there will be no recovery of the data that’s been lost. A DBMS will have the recovery manager which retrieves the data making it another advantage over file systems.
- the file system does not allow complicated transactions. complicated transactions using SQL can be conveniently enforced with the DBMS system.
TWO-TIER ARCHITECTURE (CLIENT SERVER ARCHITECTURE):
In two tier architecture , the database system is present at the server machine . The DBMS application is present at the client machine .They connect with each through a reliable network . Whenever client makes a request to access the database present. Server performs the request on the database and returns the result back to the client. The application connection interface such as JDBC ,ODBC are use for the interaction between server and client.