International Financial Corporation (IFC) Global Internship Program (GIP) 2021: International Financial Corporation is hiring interns, for more such jobs, internships, and courses stay updated on our website. Applications are open for the International Financial Corporation (IFC) Global Internship Program (GIP) 2021, Apply by 8 March.
|Job Title||International Financial Corporation (IFC) Global Internship Program (GIP) 2021|
|Description||The IFC Global Internship Program (GIP) offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of IFC and the broader World Bank Group, and be a part of the largest private sector development institution in the world.|
|Work Location||Washington, D.C. – US|
About International Financial Corporation (IFC)
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. They work in more than 100 countries, using their capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
About the Internship
The IFC Global Internship Program (GIP) offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of IFC and the broader World Bank Group, and be a part of the largest private sector development institution in the world.
Selected interns will be offered short-term temporary contracts with IFC that can begin as early as May and end as late as October 31, 2021. The GIP encourages individuals to bring new perspectives and innovative ideas to IFC’s work, while improving skills in a diverse and highly stimulating environment. In addition, it is a great way to enhance your CV and build an international network of professionals dedicated to ending extreme poverty and boosting prosperity in the developing world.
IFC hires Global Interns for a minimum period of four weeks between May and October to work on discrete projects in Washington, D.C. or in one of IFC’s country or regional offices.
The GIP receives about 1500 applications each year, from which candidates are short-listed for departmental interviews. Successful short-listed GIP candidates are directly hired and paid by interested departments worldwide, based on their business need and the particular profile of the candidate.
Operational assignments cover various areas of work, such as participation in sector-specific market mapping, investment proposal reviews, financial modeling and analysis, portfolio management, upstream work and advisory services activities. Other assignments can cover a range of activities in corporate and support departments.
- Candidates must be in the first or second-to-last year of an MBA or other Master’s level program.
- Strong interest in and commitment to impact investing and sustainable private sector solutions
- At least three years of relevant work experience related to the advertised opportunities (previous job positions, paid or unpaid internships, and volunteer work count).
- Emerging markets experience preferred
- For investment-related opportunities, strong analytical, quantitative, communication, negotiation, business development and client relationship skills
- For all opportunities, please see requirements specific to the advertised position
- Enthusiasm for working in multicultural teams and across borders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; proficiency in one or more languages – Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Malagasy – strongly preferred
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
- Applicants will receive a status update no later than the end-March 2021. Selected interns will be offered short-term temporary contracts that can begin as early as May and end as late as October 31, 2021.
- Applications during the February 8 to March 8 application window will be kept open for review until August 31, 2021, should other internship opportunities become available throughout the Summer.